Hey all! I'm
. I am so excited to share my Kansas-inspired cocktail with you today!
Now that the 4th of July weekend has come and gone, I'm left a little sad that the next big celebration is Labor Day; which is the end of summer. The best part about this cocktail is you can make it year-round and it will ALWAYS feel like summer. It is perfect for a day at the pool or a barbecue. Anywhere there will be a large group of people because it makes A LOT!!
This recipe has been made in my kitchen many, many times - but today's recipe is extra special. I tracked down the best combo of libations my great state had to offer, and thusly I give you... The Flint Hills Cooler!
What you'll need:
Most wanted vodka - distilled in Atchison, KS
Long Shot white whiskey - distilled in Lenexa, KS
Tall Grass Brewing Co. Pub Ale - brewed in Manhattan, KS
frozen juices in pineapple, orange, and lemonade
36 oz (3 cans) club soda or sparkling water (optional)
pineapple rings for garnish (optional)
1. Empty all three juice containers into a large punch bowl or jug
2. Fill two of the empty containers with vodka, and the other with white whiskey. Add to punch bowl.
3. Pour in a can of Tall Grass Pub Ale.
4. Dilute the mixture with club soda and stir.
5. Garnish with fresh orange slices and a pineapple ring.